At the Blackhawks’ final position clinics on Wednesday, July 2, Tracer Leonard won HOTT Lax Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year; Brian Miller was named Offensive Player of the Year, and Sam Newland won Coach of the Year. Both Leonard (McMichael HS) and Miller (NW Guilford HS) are multi-sport athletes and rising seniors at their high schools. Miller took offensive honors for the second straight year, finishing top among all players in the Blackhawks “Hott Lax Impact Quotient” Rating System. Miller and Leonard along with thirty-one other players — selected from among the 150 players in the Blackhawks’ high school program –were named to the All HOTT Lax Team and received invitations to participate on the Blackhawks Summer Travel Team that will
participate in the upcoming Midsummer Meltdown in Oak Ridge.
For the summer, the leaders in each statistical category were:
- Goals — Aaron Parrish (16)
- Shooting % — Spencer Dollman (63.6%)
- Assists — Brian Miller (11)
- Offensive Points — Miller (24)
- Ground Balls — Brenan Romero (29)
- Loose Balls Caused — Tracer Leonard (17)
- Goalie Save % — Tyler Perkins (70.6%)
- Goalie Saves — Thompson Vickers (40)
For more statistics, go to Team/Individual HOTT Lax Statistics
Congratulations to all of the award winners as well as to the many others who helped bring about another exciting summer of HOTT Lax.