Jack Dean, a rising senior at Oak Ridge Military Academy, has been named the Blackhawks’ summer 2016 Most Outstanding High School Player. Dean led the HOTT Lax league in goals scored (18) and ground balls (52), was third in shooting percentage (47.4%), and asserted his faceoff dominance throughout the summer in leading his team, CrosseFire, to the HOTT Lax finals. For the second summer in a row, Dean led all players in HOTT Lax Impact Quotient, one of the Blackhawks’ statistical measures for field players.
In addition, Jack won 34 of 47 faceoffs (72%) against some of the southeast U.S.’s best club teams in the Mid-Summer Classic — South last month.
Against a Carolina Hilltoppers high school team in the Blackhawks annual trek to Durham last month, Jack scored 4 goals, including the top-shelf
game winner with 14 seconds left, in the Blackhawks 7-6 victory.
He capped off his summer by breaking the Blackhawks shot speed record in the Lacrosse Olympics on June 29 with a shot of 98 miles per hour.
Jack hopes to continue playing lacrosse in college once he completes his high school career.
Other award winners:
- Most Outstanding Offensive Player: Patrick Ellis ( W Stokes HS)
- Most Outstanding Defensive Player: Jared Harbaugh (Glenn HS)
- Most Outstanding Goalie: Wyatt Puckett (Wesleyan Christian)
- Coaches Award (exceptional heart & hustle): Justin Raver (N Davidson)
- Blackhawk Awards (for effort, leadership, team focus, and coachability): Nathan Dupke (E Forsyth), Nick Sigmon (Glenn), Ethan Mize (N Davidson), Colin Davis (Wesleyan Christian), Sebastian Manzano (W Stokes), TJ Bassi (SW Guilford).